Splat 2: Adventures in Cyberspace
A downloadable zine
Splat 2: Adventures in Cyberspace is a zine focused on role-playing games and what it means to play them, make them, and interact with them in digital spaces. It includes contributions from seven talented writers, each of whom are looking to share their relationship to games, the internet, and our Current Times™.
Inside, you'll find cool stuff about designing with Discord, making solo RPGs, how the digital changes our relationship to each other, our GMs, safety, community building and more. Splat 2 is brought to you by the team behind Splat (Zine Quest 2) and Skill Points (Zine Quest 1).
- How to Design a Solo RPG While Losing Your Ability to Walk During a Pandemic, a step-by-step guide by Anna Anthropy (@adult_witch | she/her)
- Kate Bullock (@BlueStockingEtc | she/her) on the often-overlooked foundations of community organizing and creating safer spaces, including transformative practices, community creation, and ethical engagement
- Kienna Shaw (@KiennaS | she/they) on how the narrative created in TTRPG livestreams is different from private and convention games, and how to form and shape our games and shows to match this medium
- Noordin Ali Kadir (@WerewolfFeels | he/him) on how to keep digital spaces as safe as possible, and how to recognise problematic or bigoted patterns of behaviour in these spaces
- A personal piece from Summer (@JustASummerJob | she/her) on the ways content creation changes our relationships to TTRPGs—along with thoughts on burnout, game design and maintaining passion within the industry
- RK Wilde (@RussWildest | they/them) on our collective expectations of a “good” GM and how to value and appreciate that which isn’t visible in TTRPG spaces, especially with the artificial barriers of the digital space
- Will Jobst (@will_jobst | they/them) on finding and nurturing play in shared digital spaces, adapting those spaces for play, and adapting play for those spaces
- An interview with The Game Band (@thegameband) about your favorite splort and mine, Blaseball.
In order to download this zine you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this zine at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Community copies are free to those who need them. No questions asked!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.